Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Manhattan Beach

Sometimes we like going to the beach in the afternoons. We have Brian meet us down there after work and just relax together. I took these pictures a few weeks ago, my kids love the beach especially in the Fall when there is not many people there. But what's not to like about the beach??? I get to soak up a little sun and my kids are completely zapped of energy when we get home. A win win situation.

I will tell you one thing, leaving Manhattan Beach is not going to be easy. We have about 1 more year before we move and we are trying to enjoy it as much as we can. Ella and Cole might have to be dragged kicking and screaming. Ella was shocked the other day when I told her there is only 1 Disneyland on this side of the country. (A fact that brings sheer joy to Brian's heart...how do you not like the happiest place of earth???)






8 comments:

Staci said...

Rach, your kids are getting so big... They are adorable. If I lived where you did I'm pretty sure we would be big beach bums... I need to start watching flights and come and meet you at Disneyland, we tookSienna in April and she is begging to go back. There's not a day that goes by that she doesn't mention something about Disneyland. Hope you guys are doing well...

Jamie said...

Oh how I miss California some days! Most days really:) Ella looks so grown up, I can't hardly believe it. Miss you guys so much! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures... so artistic! And the one of Ella - looks like she is practicing her ballet. :) Super cute.

Karmann said...

I love love love the beach and I would do the same thing if I lived there! Loved the pictures! They are such cute kids!!! Miss ya!

Erin said...

You really do live in such an amazing location. I can't imagine the beach being a part of a normal afternoon. Ella looks just like you in that one picture- such a little dancer already.

I miss you Rach- let's catch up soon!

brody and kenzie said...

Fun pics Rach! Sounds so relaxing and like so much fun.
Love ya,
Kenz

Alan said...

Wow, these pictures really make me home sick. We are trying to fly home the end of November. Do you guys know where you are moving to yet? Did you here Indianpolis is getting a temple (hint hint). Plus anyone moving from Manhattan Beach to Indiana gets free courtside tickets to the Pacers.

Melissa said...

I love the picture of Ella standing there on the beach - she looks like a mix between a ballerina and karate kid about ready to crane kick somebody's face in. You guys should cross-train her as a dancer and a ninja! Cool pictures. Why would you guys ever want to leave this place?! :)
Later guys,
Jake

p.s. Oh and Rachel, what's this I just read on Mowrey's blog (a comment you made) about you having the hots for Ichiro?! Too funny!