Wednesday, September 8, 2010

10 years of bliss

Brian likes to joke and tell everyone this when they ask how long we have been married. However, most people know I am Italian.

We both decided that we needed to do a trip for our 10 year. We have wanted to visit Hawaii for a long time and this gave us a good reason to finally do it. We were a little in shock as to what to do with ourselves when we got there with so much time and no kids but it didn't take long to become completely selfish again.


We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. I kept on trying to get a zoomed picture of this kid that I swear looked exactly like Jacob the werewolf. Brian was super annoyed.

This is the only hike we did...it was on a paved path for about 3/4 mile through a botanical garden...pathetic but we did swim in the waterfall which was so cold I almost died. Brian was waiting a good 20 minutes in the water before I was able to get in all the way.

Shaved ice is a weakness of mine. If Brian would have let me I probably would have gone back to this place 3 to 4 times a day. It was heavenly.


Sharks Cove...snorkeling there was like swimming in an aquarium.


There were a ton of these turtles in the water too. Some people snorkeled with them, I thought it looked fun until Brian reminded me of the special on Discovery where these turtles snap pieces of wood in half... and then said that could be my arm.

Pearl Harbor survivors...it was incredible to meet these men. p.s. I am wearing this hat because my forehead got so incredibly sunburned the previous day it was painful.



10 comments:

Jamie said...

That looks like so much fun! You guys certainly deserve it:) Love you both and congratulations on 10 years!

Karmann said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Cant believe it has been ten years since I first met you!!! CRAZY!!! Times is flying by!!! Sooo glad you got to do a special trip! You look amazing as usual and look like you had a blast!!!! Miss and love you!!!!

Angie K. said...

You guys are so awesome. I am so glad you had fun, I wish we could have gone with you..that would have been so annoying for you though ;) I love Brian's funny comments all based on protecting you from your crazy ideas. Some of the funniest stories that we tell over and over are based on Brian's little witticisms. The world is a wonderful place because of couples like the fabulous Blanchards. Happy 10th anniversary.

Noel Family said...

So fun! I'm jealous! Congratulations on 10 years!

Kimberly said...

What a perfect way to spend an anniversary. I have to tell you, all I can think of is how bad I want to come and visit you guys. Shane feels the same way. Not scared of the car ride with the kids any more. We do harder things then that. Just scared of how my parents would feel if I told them I didn't want to hang with them over Thanksgiving. I'm sure I've disappointed them before. By The way Rach you look amazing. I'm motivated now to get back in shape Ethan is 7 months old it's about time.

Erin said...

Congrats to you! 10 years???? That's Amazing. Hawaii is the perfect way to celebrate such an important one.

We need to catch up soon! I already miss you and this post made me miss you more.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 10 years - it looks like you guys had an amazing time!!

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

You guys looked worn out, like a Mormon couple after the first night "what's up" Glad you had fun and saw the turtles.

Trisha said...

Congrats! Isn't Hawaii amazing? That's what we did for our 10th and now we are planning to go again for our 11th. I think it is a nice new tradition, don't you? We miss you guys so much, hope to see you guys again someday soon. Love Ya!

Alan said...

We were supposed to be on that trip with you guys!!! So bummed.

Glad you guys had a good time.