Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Never ever let your husband go to purchase something at Best Buy ALONE

So hallelujah, we have a camera!  And I would like to take a minute and address all the harassing that went on during our blog break.  I am not a deep thoughts blogger, I need a picture...I was waiting patiently for my camera to get started again and you will never believe what actually took so long.  So we sent our camera in to get fixed thinking we would have it back before Christmas (bitter subject...I had to use the disposable cameras for Christmas this year where all you can see is a face...half the pictures are so dark we can't even figure out what gift the kids are holding up...that's okay, Christmas 2008 really wasn't that important) Anyway, the camera's warehouse happened to burn down!  We couldn't get a hold of them for weeks because of the fire and once we did it took them forever to find out that they had never received our camera.  So then we had to deal with the post office who decided they didn't have it either.  We luckily put insurance on the camera but by the time this process was over and after a million phone calls, I was so irritated.  Brian could not have been happier.  He loves electronics and as he was searching for a new camera he also decided we needed a new computer.  So last Saturday I sent him to Best Buy to look.............He came home with a new Apple (that I do not know even how to attempt to work and consumed 30 minutes of my day yesterday trying to figure out how to turn on the internet), a new printer, a camera, memory cards, cords that I am sure are not necessary AND he told me he almost decided to throw in a new LCD TV while he was there.  On his behalf, I did tell him to just get what he wanted BUT I did not mean for him to get everything in his heart's desire.  Anyway, I learned a lesson and a couple of things were reinforced to me.

I still hate the post office
Disposable cameras should be illegal to sell
Never ever let your husband go to Best Buy alone


8 comments:

Karmann said...

I have to agree with you on that one! Best Buy is like the best clothing store for girls and a candy store for kids! Too funny! I promise after a few sit downs with the apple you will LOVE it! It took me a while to get used to it and now I will NEVER go back to a PC. Sorry about the whole camera deliema. No fun! Glad that you have one again!! Love ya!

Ps you look beautiful on your cover picture and what adorable kids!

Anonymous said...

This is not my fault

Erin said...

Rachel I'm so jealous! I would be sending my husband to Best Buy today if I knew he would come home with an Apple computer. I'm sure you'll love it! I can't wait until my computer breaks and we have to buy a new one:) I love you're pictures!! Kirsten and I were saying we need to make a girls trip to Cali before you leave. Hope things are well!!

Noel Family said...

You're such a hottie! Where did you get your jacket? SO cute! :)

Philip and Melissa said...

Love the new pics, rachel. and as the others have pointed out, you look totally fantastic. love your style. so sad we missed you at christmas, ben said it was great to see you guys!

Erin said...

I'm so glad your blog is back. I know you don't love keeping it up, but you have to realize it is a big source of entertainment during the day- we have no TV and the weather is FREEZING here so all I do is look at blogs for fun. Yours always manages to make me laugh out loud- I love the way you write just the way you talk. It was fun to get caught up a bit on you guys. And I totally hear ya on the Best Buy thing... so so dangerous. Mike and I have a deal where if he goes crazy at Best Buy, I get to go equally crazy at Anthropologie and vice versa. It's a good system- keeps us both in check. :) Let's talk this weekend! I miss you terribly. By the way, Cole and Ella are amazing. I can't get enough of them so keep posting lots of pictures.
xo

Stacy Ellison said...

yeah! i'm glad you got your camera back. i was getting tired of the twilight post :) we had the same issue with best buy fixing our camera too! yeah, we missed asher's birth! it is SO frustrating!

Alan said...

You should see what Beth does when she goes to Target by himself. Now that you guys have an Apple, Beth wants to take another trip to LA to visit you guys. She has wanted an Apple I-Book for the longest time.

Nice work Brian! Hey Rachel, if this purchase will get you to update your blog more frequently then I think it is a great investment.